Saturday 31 March 2012

Olympic Harbour Kiel

The wind is still strong out of the North East and I decided to take a walk along the seafront and harbour. I was pleasantly suprised to see another Jidzo parked on the hard. I looked closely at her stern as the drainage plug for the cockpit had been enlarged to allow a quicker emptying of the cockpit..
This now brings the total I have knowledge about in Germany to 6. I am going to have to open a German column if this keeps up.One Jidzo is even on the Schlei where I sail.. I must get to visit him one day this year, i was in his neck of the woods a fewtimes but didn´t get to see his boat anywhere. Perhaps he was out on the Baltic.

This one here is in Kiel direct.


I have been on contact with an owner of a Jidzo from Bremen and he is refitting his boat at present.

She requires a coat of paint as well as other work.His intentio is in August to sail via the Northsea/baltic canal to Kiel as part of his holiday.. I wish him luck


It would be nice to meet the owners of these boats and chat over their experiences with the boats.

This one was recently put up for sale I have tried to contact the owner but it seems he has either sold it already or his email system has an antispam as the platform it is shown on does not show the sellers email address.

The forcast for Sunday is also not so great I will drop in to spend a couple of hours on the boat to relax before the week ahead.. Easter is next weekend and the forcast is for cool weather Forcast at berth. Oh well it is still early in the season and for many the season has not even begun, I watched today as dozens of folk were scurrying around to get thier boats ready for the start and launch.

It seems that Goldfish are a local treat here.. lol..


No comments:

Post a Comment