Saturday 17 March 2012

Refit progress

I managed to do quite a bit of work yesterday as the sun was shining and the temperature went into double figures for the first time this year. Toy Box now has a new blue Waterline in 2 part paint and I have done the prep work for the Antifouling that I intend to het started today. The coachroof is back on her,stuck on with Silkafex and screws. I am not really happy with the result of my handywork there and can see me taking it off again in the summer and making a better job of it ! I was simply in a bit of a hurry to get it all done.
I must adimt I was suprised to recieve a packet with the outboard parts yesterday. That is what I call a quick service from the the firm which is in Dusseldorf half way down the country from me. I shall be servicing the outboard today as well.
I need to get a bottle of "antigilb", the Schlei is brackwater and leaves a terrible brown stain on the hull over the course of the season that is not so easily removed. I am informed that this stuff will do it with ease..We shall see if it is worth the 10 quid a bottle next week !

All I need now is a couple of days of good weather and then she is in the water !

No comments:

Post a Comment