Saturday 24 March 2012

First sail of 2012

After a couple of hours sorting everything out this morning whilst wondering where the sunshine and 14 deg C were that the met boys had forcast. I decided not to sail out untill it was warmer. Suddenly the sun came out and things looked good. I set sails and we went for a quick sail around the Schleswig area, Just to get my hand back in as it were. The Bouys were not in thier proper places so it was a bit of touch and go on a couple of tacks. I was suprised to see what I had at fist thought a trick of the light in the fog. There has appeared just outside of Schleswig harbour where there used to be a sandbank an Island.. I am not sure what exctly has been done but it seems that a dredger was also in the harbour so I assume they have simply dredged the harbour and dumped it on the sandbank. that should please the boat owners there when the gulls find and colonise it!
Back to the sailing .. The "new" forsail pulled in the light winds well and I am pleased enough with it. I have come to the conclusion that Toy Box requires a complete repqaint as is looking a little tatty. I will have to think about this in the season. As always money money money.!
1630 saw Toy Box back in her berth with all ship shape and ready for the start of the season in ernest.Once again she was the only vessel underway on the water, I could however see the yacht club members longingly looking our way as we sailed past. They were regelmented by the german way of it starts in April tied to not being able to launch before a certian date.! I have enquired about leaving Toy Box ashore near her berth and it is "doable".costs are roughly the same as up untill now.

No comments:

Post a Comment