Saturday 24 March 2012

Launch 2012

Friday morning arrived and it was foggy and cold where was the weather that had been forcasted ?
I had a very long day getting Toy Box ready for and then finally launching her. I had the impression that everything was set against her actually getting wet. I shall cut the story short but I will not be taking her back to her winter berth near me again. It caused me more work and hassle than ot was worth.
Toy Box was afloat at around 1230 friday. I had several problems with stepping the mast as the harbour master was very keen. Still we finally got it finished late that afternoon, or at least I thought I had. The freshly serviced motor started on first pull. I was pleased with myself untill I realised there was no cool water comming from it.. I then had to strip the leg down with the basic tools and try to find the problem. It turned out that when I put the leg on last week I had managed to misalign the rubber hose conection to the rest of the system.. Duh.. It´s one of those jobs that requires 3 hands and an eye on one index finger.
I finaly berthed her in her own berth at around 1830. We were the only vessel moving on the water ! Looking forward to sailing her again.

No comments:

Post a Comment