Thursday 22 March 2012

Antifouling

I managed Saturday to finish the antifouling and also serviced the outbourd, it started on third pull, not bad after sitting there since last October. I did however seem to have a small amount of water in the gearbox oil. At least I asume it was water, the oil was thick and quite light coloured as if it had been turned into margerine! 
I was given...well for a bottle of Whiskey the frame for a canvas dogder . I will have to see how it fits when I have the mast stepped I can sew the canvas myself !  ..So all in all Toy Box is once again almost ready for launching !
22March 2012
Late this afternoon Toy Box was  hoisted out of her winter cradle to allow me to antifoul her under the supporting posts. I left her hanging from the rafters to dry out. I have organised everything so that she can be slipped tomorrow in Schleswig. I was going to go for flensburg and then sail around but I do not have the time to do it all myself and I would also like company on the trip. A shake down sail is arranged for Saturday. I need to wash the boat and get the crap of 5 months dust etc off her as well as remove to brown water stripe she gained from siling in the brackish waters of the Schlei.
I am really looking forward to being back on the water !

No comments:

Post a Comment