Friday 30 March 2012

Strong winds

I have this week refitted the battery and solar panel onto Toy Box as well as repaired the depthsounder. Now that was a simple job to do. When the unit was fitted, by a boatyard professional ( its a NASA Clipper unit) he managed to leave a small hole in the bonding so that the oil had leaked out over time.. I have a through hull sender. What a bunch of plonkers the firm must be to get that wrong ! I made a tempory repair and will finish it off when it gets a little warmer. Instead of using oil I used washing up liquid..lol it works and will make less mess when I reattempt the job !
I sent a mail recently for a quote for a new mainsail.. I have had a very reasonable... that means lowcost offer for one from a small local firm. I am now going to raise the cash to order one.! It will mean selling off two of the sails I already have and do not use. i think they are from a Flying Cruiser so should be ok to get rid of at a good price.
I have decided that the Coachroof must come back off and be refitted.. another warm weather job. what else was there that needed doing ? seems a never ending list of jobs none of which are life threatening ! I ought really also revarnish the woodwork and paint out the lockers soon. Oh yes and start looking at how I am going to fit the halyard jammers. and other deck stuff.
Oh and the Strong winds in the title.. it has been blowing a gale since wednesday and forcast is for more at the weekend. So I shall go to boat sunday lunchtime, but not go sailing...I can´t wait for a long sail again..!
If anyone wants more information on the Jidzo or has one please feel free to contact me.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment