Thursday 15 March 2012

Refit

I have over the winter removed the "top" of  Toy Box to allow me to clean the debris of many years of leaves etc. that seems to have collected there. This was the cause of all the black watermarks down the decks after every rainfall.
A new (secondhand) Jibsail was purchased last month so am now looking for a "new" Mainsail..

Luff 6,35 mtrs x Foot 2,40 mtrs if anyone has one laying around ?

The Yamaha 4ps I bought did well last season and I have ordered a new Impellor and Sparkplug for it´s service I already have enough oil for the gearbox. So that will be ready for the season as soon as parts arrive.I have found that servicing prices are ridicolous for the simple job it is. I did it last year and she ran well all season so I think I will be ok to do it again.. The outboard bracket is on a sprung system and the spring has broken, I am able to use the system still but the lift assitance is not there..Trying to source a spring is rather like ordering Rockinghorse droppings. Oh well I am sure even this problem is solvable..

I intend to get Toy Box into the water as soon as possible now the weather is improving. Perhaps as soon as next weekend.! I must first book the trlr and harbourmaster with his crane to launch her and step the mast.

No comments:

Post a Comment