Sunday 1 April 2012

Harbour day ..

I drove to Toy Box today to check that all was well and pick up a sail. I am going to sell my spare set of sails they are the ones that  came with the boat and are a little on the small side and I assume from another boats model. The money raised will be added to purchase a new mainsail. I have had a very good offer for a cruising mainsail and wish to get one before the season gets underway. I can sell the other mainsail i have once the new one arrives.
A new working jib would be nice as well but that will have to wait.
I have been thinking of selling Toy Box this season and getting something a little larger.This would open up other destinations to me. We will wait and see what the season brings.The forecast for the coming Easter weekend is pretty drab.Oh well I can hope things change quickly as I am itching to get sailing again.

Over the winter I have been in contact with the chap in this picture. He sailed his Jidzo from the west coast of France to the Mediterranean with a couple of friends and also wrote a book about it. He has kindly sent me a signed copy of his book which unfortunately is in french!  I am struggling to get through the first chapter still.
I will add more info reference this book at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment