Sunday 22 April 2012

Weekend Sailing

I spent yesterday (saturday) out on the water after first fitting a few bits and bobs to Toy Box, main one was a bungee strap to hold the GPS unit in eyesight instead of swinging about. Under the Nr jib we managed 5,7 knots in a light breeze and I was pleased with the result of the other job I "botched" the depthsounder still requires the transducer to be fitted propery again.
Today I was out on the Schlei again .. just another day on the water really to get used to the boat again after the long winter break.I have ordered a new anchorchain this should be here this weekso will fit that on Saturday before setting out for my cruise.
The weather forcast for next weekend is looking really good  .. I have Monday and Tuesday off so I will attempt to cross over to the Island of Langeland about 25 miles of the German coast.I have invited a friend along for the trip. I like to have company on board and it also keeps the costs down going 50/50 onboard. So keep your fingers crossed for me on this .

No comments:

Post a Comment