Sunday 8 April 2012

A decent sail at last

I managed to get out on the water today the sun was shinning and the forcast was for a light breeze out of the west.
I fitted the new Tiller extension I had made from Larch before setting out, I also had to visit Lutz Clausen before setting sail as my Starter rope on the outboard had snapped causing the reciol spring to unwind in it´s housing. I have "borrowed " a complete unit from him untill mine can be repaired,after fitting the borrowed reciol unit the motor started straight away.
 I sailed out and simply enjoyed the afternoon whilst not really going very far. I was pleased with the extension it makes ballancing Toy Box a lot easier as sitting in the stern makes her drag and stops her from picking up speed. Despite her weighing over a ton she is still "tender" to weight distribution.I have even considerd stowing the outboard inside but decided it was too time consumming and probably damaging as well.
As you can see I sail under a German tricolour.. I assure you it is not my choice. I do however fly a Red Ensign from the Port Spreader...
I made a short video today whilst sailing and have added it to You tube my first ever..Jidzo on You tube. I shall have to make a few more of  my travels.
The forecast for the rest of the week is dismal.keep you fingers crossed for better weather. !
I managed to snap the starter chord for my outboard..unable to fix it myself I turned to Lutz Clausen at
CL Boots Service Schleswig and he promptly offered to lend me a starter unit untill he could repair mine.. Which he has now done..I was able to pick up the replacement unit on Sunday from his home and can collect my orignnal unit tomorrow (Wednesday).. What a brilliant service.! I can recomend him for any outboard issues you may have.I know at least one of my friends has also bought a motor from him and is more than pleased with his work..!

No comments:

Post a Comment