Sunday 15 April 2012

Sailing with my son

I have my son visiting me this weekend and as the weather was good it was decided a trip on Toy Box was called for. we set sail under a cloudy sky with a fresh breeze from the west. Toy Box romped along with over 5 knots under full Mainsail and Jib.and we quickly crossed bot the "Kleine & Große Breite" and into the narrow straits towards Missunde ferry. We simply upon reaching it turned around and had a spanking sail back to the berth. Although we did change the head sail for the Gennny, it was not really needed and Toy Box simply heeled a little more rather than gathered speed. it was nice to try it out though.
Ulli was on his berth when we returned and I helped him rig his sails, lending him a jib sheet in the process. His little boat looks a lot better on the water than out of it.! I look forward to sailing in his company this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment