Tuesday 16 August 2011

Monday blues

Finished early today as I had an appointment, decided to pop over to boat and have sort out. Wind was F4 and sun was comming through the clouds.. Have a guess what came next... yup I hoisted sails and set off for a cracking sail over the Schlei under full main and genau, slightly overpowered but fantastic. I simply sailed back and forth enjoying the sailing, what a difference to Sundays downpour.
I finally tied up at around 1800 and dried the boat out, as well as emptied her of around 20 kg of stuff that was not really required on board, ie extra life jkts, electric drill,and the 2 carrier bags of pot noodles. Plus the spare mainsail I had on board. Along with the defunkt roller reefer that I removed. The blasted thing was always jamming up and tangling and forcing me to go forward onto the fordeck, now at least without the roller setup, I know that when I have to go forward at some point,it is not to untangle the blasted thing !
So blew my blues away and arrived home with the feeling I had achieved something good:

No comments:

Post a Comment