Wednesday 10 August 2011

First Trip..Flensburg To Schleswig

I started early and with a bit ...ffs what am I saying I was really worried, My last sail was aboard a 10mtr boat a year before as crew for a day, and before that my last sail was aboard Toy Box. in 2009..So here I was in a boat that really needed to be proved first on a long trip..Ah well the weather forcasr was good and the fiord is fairly sheltered with plenty of harbours should I get into trouble.
After running the motor up and motoring clear of the habour I set the sails and with a following wind set off on the 20 odd miles first leg of the trip to take Toy Box back to the Schlei where I had found suitable(pricewise) moorings. Flensburg area marinas were asking for around 700 euros for the rest of the season.!! I managed to get a private Jetty in Schleswig for 70 euros a month! So as its only 10 kms further to Schleswig as apposed to Flensburg, that is where she is to be moored. The trip went well ..very well indeed, apart from the wind dying off after I had turned the corner into the Baltic itself, leaving me some 5 miles to motor. I arrived in Maasholm full of confidence, pleased with the boat and myself. I left next morning and sailed and motored to Schleswig the next day.
Toy Box looked ralley at home in her new berth there. I have now sailed here regulary when time and weather allows me. I will add more as I get time.

2 comments:

  1. I already have a friend I have christened "Yotters" so I gues you will have to be "Cap'n BirdsEye'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Steve.. I do prefer Jim though !

    ReplyDelete