Thursday 11 August 2011

Hols 2011

I have had an unexpected 3 weeks off, and have, as you can guess been sailing Toy Box when the weather allows. It has been this past week or so absolutly lousy weather, with one Low following the next. The result is one day of halfway good weather followed by several days of rain. I have been rain and storm bound since last thursday.
Looking at the weather forcasts on Windfinder.com has given me hope for tomorrow. I am busy packing a spare Tshirt as well as all the tablets, insulin etc that I need for a couple of days away. How easy it was as a young man to simply sleep next to the centreboard of my dinghy with a foam mat. As one gets older a few home comforts are always required.
Toy Box has not got a great deal of legroom in the side bunks and I end up sleeping curled up. Still she is dry inside after all the work I completed on her last year. I must design and make a decent boom tent for her. At the moment a 2 x 1 1/2 meter piece of gortex is stretched over the hatchway. The intention is to replace this with a larger tent to cover the whole cockpit this winter. Should keep me occupied when I am not reading and watchng Dylans trip around the UK..see  Keep turning left  he also has films on Youtube.
What ever you are doing this weekend I wish you a great time and hope that the weather holds out for you.!






No comments:

Post a Comment