Wednesday 11 July 2012

Summer sailing ...I laugh !

I had been planning this trip for weeks and looking forward to it for months. Perhaps that is the thing one does wrong, anticipation being better than the real thing.. What ever, I had 10 days to sail to my hearts content my intention was to use then to the best.
So plan was sail as much as possible without motor..Friday was a day of little wind with Saturday being the same until midday..So Saturday midday I was aboard with provisions for a 4- 5 days with the intention of a resupply underway.I sailed with a light wind northeast towards the Missunde straights and passed under the lifting Lindaunis rail bridge at 1945hrs. I decided I was going to anchor in a small bay I knew a mile or so north of the bridge. this I did in 2 meters of water. Safe from all directions apart from the northeast. The forecast was for southeast/south winds so I slept well. I took time to tidy up the boat. As always I seem to generate a large amount of "mess" everywhere.
I spent a while contemplating the weather forecast and it´s affect on my trip. the following week was set to ba a great one with light southerlies to southwest and sunshine. i looked forward to getting over to Denmark again with Toy Box. With this thought I went to sleep feeling satisfied and happy...

No comments:

Post a Comment