Thursday 12 July 2012

Saturday eve..at anchor

At Anchor..Sunday eve saw me tucked in behind Maasholm the wind was now from southeast and I was safe here for the night.. Forecast was for more of the same weather. My plans for a trip out onto the Baltic itself were slowly diminishing as the wind was definitely not that I was expecting, what ever happened to those balmy days in July as I was a child and youth ? I seem to be simply plagued with bad luck in my attempt to sail to Denmark again.
It was only last year that I sailed from Flensburg with Toy Box to take up her new mooring here on the Schlei, was I never to leave the entrance again ?


I settled down to a peaceful night despite there being a 25knt plus wind howling over the peninsular in front of me.. the water around me  was calm, I was only 100meters from land. Around me was several other yachts all thinking the same as me and saving the mooring fees in the Maashlm harbour..It sarted to rain..and I mean rain..it came down in buckets

This was to be the way ahead for the next 24 hours..!

No comments:

Post a Comment