Thursday 12 July 2012

Tuesday

The rolls from Maasholm bakery are simply great, I can fully recommend them. a great breakfast of bacon rolls ..I decided the only way ahead was to motor and  sail back down the Schlei..The forecast was now for rain and storms for the rest of the week and after such a crap 36hours I decided I was not going to bother with trying to get out on the Baltic.

I cast off and motored against the wind and waves down to Kappeln passing under the bridge again..there were quite a few boats coming back this way.I had decided to pass Arnis under motor and then set the sails and sail down the long stretch of water to the next bridge around 5 miles away.  I turned the last corner in Arnis and saw the white water that was ahead of me with the wind howling through my rigging.. mm not a place to be. I turned around and ran into Arnis yacht club to await the weather front passing over.3 hours later saw me under motor again..the wind had died a little and was not enough to power me with any speed over the waves..
I stayed on the motor now all the way to where I met Ulli with his little boat on the GroßeBretie.. we then sailed back together.. the wind died at about 2100 and i started the motor again.. clunk..the shear pin for the prop snapped and left me sitting there in the middle of nowhere..Ulli bless him towed me back to my mooring. I dread to imagine what would have happened if it was 24 hours earlier.. Toy Box would now be a pile of matchwood and fiberglass on the beach !
Ulli´s little boat..! 

Another lesson learnt.. I am even after all these years still learning and spending my life with good luck following me. I hope it never runs out.

No comments:

Post a Comment