Tuesday 2 April 2013

Spring Refit the second time around !


Today I managed to take advantage of the "warmer" (5degC) weather and of course the wonderful sunshine, and do some work on Toy Box, she now has all the lines from the mast leading into the cockpit for ease, of course the safety aspect cannot be ignored. Not needing to go forward on a lurching deck in the dark to sort something out is a plus when sailing alone. I am surprised it has taken me this long to fit the bits and bobs I have had some of them laying about for years..!
Here a photo of the main and job halyard with their new clamps and winch !
I had help from a work colleague (Steffi) who unlike me has all her German Sailing papers.I have "only" my RYA stuff saying that I have never yet been asked to show them anywhere..Yet.. grins.It´s nice to sit and chinwag whilst actually doing something on the boat. let´s face it aftert 5 months of winterit was simply wonderful to be outside again if if it is still chilly in the shadows.
I managed to slap some epoxy filler onto the damage on the Keel today so that should be dry in a few days..says 24 hrs at 20 deg.. ! so it is getting help from an infrared lamp ! ..
I intend to slap the anti-fouling on tomorrow so will be busy with that most of the morning. I shall have to finish off the sanding of the keel when the epoxy is dried and then anti-foul the rest it at the same time. 
Here a photo of me under the boat today .
 Here is a photo taken last summer whilst sailing on the Schlei.



No comments:

Post a Comment