Tuesday 16 April 2013

Sunday 14 April

It was friday afternoon that with the help of Steffi I finally got the mast sorted out and setup ready to sail. So a couple of hours on the water was allowed to calm down from the stress of it all... The spreader bars hd become jammed in the mast at an angle, I shall have to get a better look and sort that out when I take the mast down in autumn.
So plans were made for a sail on Sunday and Steffi bless her was raring to go. The forecast was good with F3 to 4 with sunshine and 17 deg. We met at 1000 and after an hour cleaning the deck, (I didn't want the new head sail foot getting grubby).
We set sail and soon had the new head sail set. It was a good romp with Toy Box simply over on her rail and charging away. We logged at one point 6,7 knots and were making a good 5knts close hauled. I was impressed and am pleased with her performance.The sail at 9,5qm is a little too long in the foot and fouls the shrouds but apart from that all is well. I will only be using the sail in light winds as above anything above f3 Toy Box is just as fast with her working jib.
I made a series of short films and simply threw them together on YouTube here is the result

 Jidzo sailing

As you can see it was overcast all day long, also if you are sharp eyed you will see i managed to drop the videos in the wrong order..We changed down to the working Jib after lunch as the wind had picked up. I really enjoyed having Steffi on board she can sail the boat quite well and it left me time to film and simply relax and be a passenger on my own boat.I look forward to sailing with her again in the future.

Well as you can expect Toy Box is back in her mooring and we are all now simply waiting for the season to get underway ..

No comments:

Post a Comment