Wednesday 3 April 2013

Another day spent on "refit"


I managed today to get the anti fouling on and even fitted the new cleats to take the halyards when the sails are raised. So quite pleased with myself. I sat in the cockpit and simply took in the sound of the wind, it was blowing about a 5 or 6 from North East so was chilly but the sun was shining and the world felt great.
Toy Box was getting herself ready for the water as well, I could feel the surges of power going through her every time a slightly stronger gust hit her mast and transferred the power down through into the hull. She seemed to come to live with a pulse of her own, willing me to get her finished so that she can turn her bow to the waves.instead of the blank wall of the boat shed.
I opened up the storage bins and dug out the old can of white paint I had there and painted the insides of the bins. It will simply make getting things out of them "nicer" as apposed to scrabbling about in a grubby hole now when opened there is a white area of hull to look at .! 


The epoxy on the keel was still not hardened through so am hoping it will be ok by Saturday when I intend to have her brought to the crane and lifted so I can sand down the area and get the anti fouling on.. Then Monday morning is launch time.. I hope !!

 Here a short film I have put together.. please leave a comment !
Schlei scenes ..A short video have a look what do you think ? Should I carry on

No comments:

Post a Comment