Sunday 17 March 2013

I dropped in to check up on the boat yesterday afternoon good job I did the shrouds had worked loose in the last storm and the mast was just short of falling over. I quickly did a temp repair..

Well I spent an hour in the freezing cold today and got the lower shrouds sorted and tightened up nicely so there is no chance of the mast crashing down in the near future.. grins, my own fault I must have not tightened the bottle screws enough when we raised the mast.. Ah well no damage done. The cockpit is full of snow and ice so no work going on there until the thaw.!  Took a couple of pictures and a short film to give an idea of the temperature.I am already thinking about what to do next winter. I think the way ahead is get all work done in October and simply leave her standing on the hard covered until a day or so before her launch when I can quickly step the mast and slap on the antifouling. ! Last year I launched on March 23rd, unless the weather makes a drastic turn it will be later this year..! 



Video of Harbour

No comments:

Post a Comment